As you gear up for super bowl parties this Sunday, you might be thinking “Yes, party time, lots of great albeit not as nutritious foods” or “I’m really trying hard to eat right, this party might kill my nutrition plan.” So, instead of it being an either or, how about both. Good food can taste awesome and be nutritious as well. I set out to make a few things that you could make if you’re staying home, going to a party or hosting a party.
Chips and dip are party mainstays and twice baked potatoes/potato skins are as well. So you can whip up an easy guacamole with healthier baked chips and instead of a saturated fat laden/fried potato, make this awesome chicken and bean stuffed potatoes. Only healthy ingredients allowed. Both of these can be made under 30 minutes, so it will make your party (or just dinner) prep easy.
Enjoy some good party food!
- .5 cup tomato minced
- .3 cup red onion minced
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 2 tbsp cilantro minced
- 1 tbsp fresh lime juice -about 1/2 of a lime
- .25 tsp cumin
- Dash salt
- 3 small avocados
- 6 servings baked tortilla chips
- *You can either mince the first 4 ingredients or use a food processor/blender to mince them. I used a blender.
- 1. Blend the first 4 ingredients. I did not mince them since the blender did it for me. Use the pulse button so that it doesn’t turn into a liquid.
- 2. Pour the mixture into a large bowl.
- 3. Add the avocado and mash with a fork.
- 4. Season the mixture with lime, cumin and a dash of salt.
- 5. Each serving of guacamole is 3 tbsp. Serve with 1 serving of chips per person. Since chip portions vary, choose a portion that will give you 140kcal.
28 Carbohydrate (g)
4 Protein (g)
14 Fat (g)
6 Fiber (g)
193 Sodium (mg)